KUWAIT EXECUTES FIVE, INCLUDING MAN INVOLVED IN MOSQUE BOMBING THAT KILLED 26
July 27, 2023:
Kuwait put to death five people on July 27, 2023 including a man convicted of involvement in a 2015 ISIS group suicide bombing that killed 26 people, the Public Prosecution said. (Source: AFP, 27/07/2023)
In a statement, the Public Prosecution said it oversaw the “implementation of the death sentence in Kuwait’s Central Prison” against five people, most of them accused of murder.
They include Abdulrahman Sabah Saud - the main convict in the 2015 bombing that struck a Shia mosque in the capital during Friday prayers. It was the bloodiest attack in Kuwait’s history.
The other men executed on July 27 included a Kuwaiti, an Egyptian and a member of Kuwait’s stateless Bidoon minority, all of whom had been convicted of murder.
A Sri Lankan was put to death on drug charges.
The Public Prosecution said all five were executed by hanging.